Turkish and Islamic Art Museum:
The Leandros Tower:
Beylerbeyi Palace on the Asiatic shore was built by Abdulaziz between the years 1861-1865. The architect was Sarkis Balyan, one member of the famous Balyan family, which gave nine reputed palaces to The Ottoman Empire over nearly a century. Serving under the six sultans, they were responsible for the westernization of the city's architecture.
The old palace had been built by Mahmut II, during the years 1826-1827 but the building was damaged during a fire.
Beylerbeyi Palace served as a summer residence. There are many architectural resemblances between this building and the Dolmabahce Palace.
The palace has 6 halls and 24 rooms. The decoration of the ceiling was done by Turkish, Italian, and French artists Chelebowsky was brought to the palace to paint its ceilings.
The curtains and upholstery materials are Hereke Silks.
Geometrical patterns are noticeable with colored floral bouquets in medallions.
There is no heating system because it was built as a summer palace.
Beylerbey Palace has been used as a guest house for many royal visitors such as the French Queen Eugenie, the wife of Napoleon III, Franz Joseph, Austrian emperor, Nasireddin, The Shah of Iran and Edward VIII, The British King.